Stand Out at Carroll (STOC) is the LGBTQ graduate student organization at the Carroll School of Management. In line with Boston College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, STOC serves the Carroll School’s LGBTQ community and its allies and provides students with the opportunity for professional networking, thought leadership, mentorship, and personal development within the context of today’s business world.
What We Do
STOC aims to live out its mission through the following:
- Professional Networking: Connect the Carroll School graduate student body with prominent professionals within the LGBTQ community and help students build professional networks and leverage existing ones through ROMBA (Reaching Out MBA).
- Current Events Forum: Provide a forum featuring guest speakers, in which members of the Carroll School graduate community can discuss current issues that affect the LGBTQ workforce.
- Mentorship: Create a space where diverse students can identify mentors within the community, promoting professional development that will add value post-graduation.
- Fostering Safe Spaces: Celebrate diversity and serve as a support network for the Carroll School’s LGBTQ graduate student body, a lifeline and network that may not exist currently for every LGBTQ student.
- Men and Women for Others: In line with the University’s mission of being men and women for others, STOC will sponsor LGBTQ-specific volunteer opportunities to support the graduation requirement.
Erin Deadmon, President